Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Cell phone prices

Ok. So I think I've learned that I should just type whatever is on my mind and go on and on. So here is my rant about cell phone prices:

How much does it really cost to make a cell phone (Cingular 8525 PDA Phone (at&t/Cingular)), even a really snazzy one. I would guess that at most it would be around 10 dollars a piece. They are made in bulk and all the parts are ordered in bulk, so 10 dollars may even be too high of a cost. But, let's assume for now that this is a reasonable cost. Why the heck are they telling me that the cell phone I want is going to cost me over 500 dollars. Come on, it's a small pile of metal and plastic. So...I can spend over 500 dollars for the phone or I can wait till January and renew my contract and pay 100 or less for the same phone. Seems too crazy not to wait 'til January, but I really want the phone now. Check out my wishlist to see the phone. Maybe someone can convince me that it's a bad phone so that I won't be in so much agony about it....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know, man, it doesn't look that exciting. It doesn't scream modernity and sophistication. It's just sort of grey and oblong...