Thursday, March 20, 2008

Kettering University!

What's better than learning through hands on experience? I can't tell you enough how little college prepared me for the work world. If I was shoved into an office the day after I graduated in the field that I majored in, I'd probably just sit at a desk and wait for someone to come lecture me. I was good at that, because that's what I learned to do while I was in school.
I came across Kettering University's website and really wished that I had been offered an opportunity like they offer their students. They focus on hands on experiences through their co-op programs. From continuing education classes, to undergraduate degrees, to master’s degrees, they offer it all and all through co-ops. These majors include industrial engineering and engineering co-op programs.
After looking around more on their site, I learned that they were rated #1 by US News for the Best Colleges for eight years in a row now. It is also rated the best Midwestern college by the Princeton Review.
I really wish I had known about options like this when I was applying. I know for a fact that this would be a better preparer for the real world than just listening to lectures only for 4 years.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find that universities prepare you to think but doesn't teach you how do anything in the workforce. College gives you the hands-on experience. The only way to bridge the gap is doing a Co-op/Intern throughout university.